How do I get connected?
Simple. Just click this link to sign up. 

If your power is off and you have completed your application request before 3pm on a weekday, then your power will be reconnected the same day.

If your power is off and you have missed the 3pm deadline to set up your account, then your power will be reconnected the following day. For safety reasons you need to ensure that someone over the age of 18 is home and that all your appliances are turned off, please also ensure that no one is working or doing any building or renovations or any electrical work on your property.

How is my average daily energy calculated?
This one is easy, we look at how much energy you have used between meter reads and divide the amount by the number of days between reads, like this:

Total Energy / Total Days = Average Daily Use

Deceased Estate

The death of a loved one is never easy, and at Flow, we are here to help you with their energy account arrangements as quickly as possible. Please click here for more information.

I'm moving out, what do I have to do?
If you are moving out of the building, please fill in this form or call us on 1300 806 806 at least five business days before you leave the property so that we can take a final meter read and close your account. You will receive a final bill for energy used up until you leave the property.

What is a private embedded network?
If you are living, buying or moving into a building that has an embedded network run by Flow Systems you are part of an exciting new approach to energy management. At our buildings you are part of an Embedded Electrical Network (EEN), sometimes called an embedded network, that could help minimise rising energy costs.

An Embedded Electrical Network is the infrastructure that allows electricity to be on-sold to apartments and allows such developments to leverage the volume of electricity they use to improve efficiencies and therefore lower costs for individual occupants.

Instead of individuals negotiating their contract with energy retailers, their purchasing power is combined to obtain amazing discounts for their electricity.

Who can establish an embedded energy network?

Examples of buildings that may be approved to build an embedded network include:

  • Apartment Building

  • Retirement Villages

  • Shopping Centres

  • Educational Facilities

  • Housing Estate

  • Industrial and Commercial Estates and Complexes

How do I change the name on my account?

Call us anytime during business hours on 1300 806 806. A member of our customer service team can verify who you are and help you out.

How do I add a second person or authorised representative to my account?
Call us anytime during business hours on 1300 806 806. A member of our customer service team can verify who you are and help you out or you can add these details when you sign up.

What are the benefits of an embedded energy network?
There may be considerable benefits to owners and residents of sites in the form of cheaper electricity, smart and efficient infrastructures and opportunities to further reduce costs by introducing energy-saving measures. Embedded Networks may also help minimise the impact of any future electricity price increases.

How often will I receive bills?
You will receive bills within your nominated bill cycle, typically monthly but at least every three months. 

What should I do if there is an interruption?
If you experience a loss of your energy supply or a power outage to your property, please contact the below number:

In QLD - Contact Energex on 136262.

In NSW - Contact Ausgrid on 13 13 88.

You can also contact Flow Systems Faults’ line on 1300 802 802.

What type of meter do I have?
You will have a basic meter. A basic meter records the amount of electricity consumed since your last meter reading and is generally read manually.

Do I need an NMI? (National Meter Identifier)
You are a part of an Embedded Network, you don’t need one as such. Your connection is not “market facing” and only market facing connections require an NMI. For example, the whole building buys from the market and is market facing and therefore has an NMI.

I've just moved in and understand the previous tenants left the bulk agreement. Can I re-join?
Yes. However, a new electricity meter may need to be installed.

I've been offered a discount with an alternative retailer and want to close my account
Did you inform the retailer you were connected to an embedded network?

Not all retailers will be offering meter upgrades for embedded networks.

Do I have to use Flow Systems as my energy retailer?
The Australian Energy Regulator requires that residents within an embedded network are entitled to source their electricity from a retailer of their choice. As such, you are entitled to seek quotations for the supply of electricity direct from any retailer and discuss with them what your options may be. The cost to opt out is borne by the user of the utility.

Here at Flow Systems, we are committed to providing you with the best available rates from us. We are also committed to protecting your right to choose an alternative.

You can find out more information here.